Welcome to Harleyquin Inspiration & Learning Center!
Workshops are offered at Harleyquin through a love of dance and the joy of teaching. There are no fees to attend, no reservations required, and everyone is welcome. Feel free to join in and listen or participate! For the best experience, please read Preparing for a workshop/what to do when I get there.
Unless noted, all workshops are scheduled for approximately 1 hour and are held in voice.
Due to RL juggling and Halloween madness, the 10/24 & 10/28 workshops have been rescheduled to Wed 11/4 and Sat 11/7. Note: there will now be 2 different workshops each week, both offered on Saturdays and Wednesdays.
Wed Nov 4th @ 4:30 pm & Sat Nov 7th @ 10 am:
Creating Dance in a Virtual World: Choosing Music
During this workshop it’s all about the music! We explore different styles of music, transitions, pauses, the audience, ideas, inspiration, and soooo much more!
Length: 1 hour
Wed Nov 4th @ 6:00 pm & Sat Nov 7th @ 8:30 am:
Spot On Smooth Dancer Animation HUD Class 1: I Wanna Dance!
Let me introduce you to the Smooth Dancer! During this hands on workshop we focus on the basics – loading animations, inviting others to dance, playing animations, how to reinvite and remove dancers. We also review what it can do and why it comes with a toolbox!
Goal: Feel familiar with your HUD and ready for a second date!
Length: 1 hour
Everyone welcome! Smooth Dancer HUD not required!
Prefer to listen and follow along? Comfortable seating is provided!
Sat Nov 14th @ 8:30 am & Wed Nov 18th @ 6:00 pm:
Spot On Smooth Dancer Animation HUD Class 2: Creating Sequences
Sat Nov 14th @ 10 am & Wed Nov 18th @ 4:30 pm:
Creating Dance in a Virtual World: Choosing Animations
Sat Nov 21st @ 8:30 am & Wed Nov 25th @ 6:00 pm:
Spot On Smooth Dancer Animation HUD Class 3: Tips & Tricks
Sat Nov 21st @ 10 am & Wed Nov 25th @ 4:30 pm:
Creating Dance in a Virtual World: Transitions
Late arrivals for Activity Workshops:
If arriving after an activity workshop has begun, please find a seat to listen and follow along. Kindly minimize disruption as possible. Thank you!
Disclosure: Harleyquin Learning Center isn’t affiliated with or receives compensation from any dance tool creator. Expanded tool workshops are planned for the future. Use whatever tools work for you and always keep an open mind!
- Creating a Small Stage Performance
- Creating a Crowd Dance with the Barre HUD
- Intro to Dance and Choreography
- Dancer’s Guide – Preparation for a Performance
Painting Through Dance Series:
The stage is your canvas, the dancers your paint
- Music – ideas and inspiration when choosing music
- Set Design – your canvas, considerations when designing a set
- Costuming – colors, flow, complexity, contrast
- Animations – choosing animations for your performance
- Movement – painting with dancer movement, how, why, when
- Composition – the overall impact and experience of your performance
Spot on Tools:
- Spot On Smooth Dancer – Introduction and Putting Your HUD to Work
- Spot On Smooth Dancer – Focus on Sequences
- Spot On Smooth Dancer – Tips, Tricks, and Using Sequences within Sequences to Create Choreography
Choreography Design System
- Choreography Designer Workshop 1 – Introduction & the Basics
- Choreography Designer Workshop 2 – Creating Routes: Turns, Travel, Sleep, and Rotation
- Choreography Designer Workshop 3 – Creating Multiple Dancer Routes, Using Prefixes, Particle Paths, and Mirroring
- Choreography Designer Workshop 4 – Rebuild Routes, Making and Editing Multiple Routes at the Same Time, Tips & Tricks
- Choreography Designer – Synchronizing with Dance Sequences – no slides!
- Performance Director Workshop 1 – The Basics, What is the Performance Director?
- Performance Director Workshop 2 – Creating Your First PD Routine
- Performance Director Workshop 3 – Creating a More Advanced Routine with Multiple Groups
- Performance Director – Buttons, Emotes, and Triggers
- Performance Director – Idle Animations (Starting Poses) & Layering Animations
- Spot On Stage Manager – 1.5 hour workshop
- Spot On Costume Assistant
- Spot On Glow Fader/SpotLight (combined)
Spot on Synchronization:
Barre Animation HUD:
HUDs and Scripting:
- Making Your Own Trigger HUD
- Scripting for Performance – Making things “listen” with a script
- Scripting for Performance – Changing color & texture
Music & Editing:
- An Introduction to Troff
- Audacity Music Player & Editing Program – The Basics
- Audacity Music Player & Editing Program – Editing Your Own Music
- Prims – Working with Prims and Prim Properties
- Prims – Working with Linked Prims and Faces
- Textures – 3d textures, scaling, and more
- Photoshop Activity – Slicing Images for a Seamless Set Background
- Photoshop Activity – Flipping Images and Duplicating for a Full Double Width image
- Photoshop Activity – Working with Layers
- Camera View/Save Setup HUD – 30 minute workshop on using this tool
- Group Change HUD – 30 minute workshop on using this tool
- Set Prep – Linking Prims and Making it Phantom
- Script – Particles That Listen
- Animation Organizer – [NDS]Animation Manager
- Object Properties – copy, edit, and even do math in those position and rotation boxes!
- Firestorm Features – mtake, lpackage, and more!
- Shopping for Animations – suggestions and considerations as we travel around the grid