Please check the calendar to see when this workshop is next scheduled or contact EvaHarley inworld if you are interested. Harleyquin Calendar
Geared for anyone new to the Smooth Dancer Animation HUD or still familiarizing themselves. We will be focused on loading the HUD, playing animations, inviting others to dance and how to remove dancers (including yourself). We will also cover what to do when your dancers aren’t dancing. This is the first step before moving on to recording your own sequences.
Lots of hands on activities are included in this workshop to help attendees become familiar with using their Smooth Dancer HUD.
Requirements: Own the Smooth Dancer HUD to participate
- 30 animations will be provided
- Rez a new Smooth Dancer HUD to be used during the workshop. It shouldn’t include any animations. Do not load any animations at this point.
- Smooth Dancer HUD – what is it
- Demonstration with our gigantic “Floor Model”
- Focus on Tabs – ALL
- Focus on Tabs – INV
- Focus on Tabs – WHO
- Best Practices
- name your HUD
- copy animations
- Loading Animations
- Activity – Load Animations and Try it Out
- Inviting Others to Your HUD
- Activity – Two by Two
- in assigned groups of two, invite and alternate freestyling with the Smooth Dancer HUD
- Removing People from Your HUD – everyone, yourself, or a select person
- Activity – Three by Three
- in assigned groups of three, remove your previous dancer, invite the two people in your assigned group to your hud, and alternate freestyling with the Smooth Dancer HUD
- What To Do When Dancers Aren’t Dancing
- Activity Challenge – Dastardly Duo
- in a newly assigned groups of two, each will receive a challenge notecard to follow. (Yes, they are randomly assigned groups.)
Helpful things to know if you’d like a bit of a head start.
- If you’d like a jump start, add animations to your HUD contents while it is rezzed on the ground. Name your HUD, take it back into inventory, and add it.
- Review the All tab, INV tab, and WHO tab – see what they do. (You can’t break it)
- After you are done, you can choose to delete this HUD. We’ll be using a clean HUD for the workshop.
At the end of the workshop, attendees will receive a link to the workshop notes. Please do not share this link with others, it is provided for your convenience.
The workshop notes will contain additional misc. facts and information such as how many dancers you can have on your HUD, how to add additional animations, etc.