Please check the calendar to see when this workshop is next scheduled or contact EvaHarley inworld if you are interested. Harleyquin Calendar
In this workshop we take all of the foundation we’ve covered to actually start creating routines and groups for animations, and also integrate your movers. All hands on, both individually and in small groups. Together, we will be creating and demonstrating a “performance” from the materials provided, step-by-step.
Participation Requirements: Own the Performance Director HUD. Be comfortable in creating routes with the Choreography Design system. *Must have completed Performance Director Class 1: Basics or have comparable knowledge*
Preparation for Participants:
The following class supplies will be provided:
- Two timed sequence notecards.
- a solo dance
- a 2 person dance
- Three mover notecards with waypoints – dancer 1 (both dances) and dancer 2.
- Two blank routine notecards
- A particle to wear
- Animations used in the timed sequences
- Rez an empty Performance Director HUD on your pad
- Add to this HUD the two routine notecards and the animations provided
- Rez a single mover. To this mover, add both routine notecards for dancer 1. Remove “mover dancer 1” from the notecard names.
- Add the particle so that you are wearing it.
- Rez the fade screen in front of your pad, this is your fade screen/curtain.
We will be creating two routines during this workshop using the materials provided. The first will be for a solo dance, the second will be for a 2 person dance.
Everything will be step by step and hands on as we work through this process together! You CAN do this!
Before we begin:
Review how the pieces work together, open questions, visual model of the process
Creating a Performance Director Routine for 1 dancer
- Getting started
- update your mover notecard to identify the dancer
- create routine groups in the PD routine notecard
- “convert” a timed routine from the Smooth Dancer to the PD
- activate a particle during the performance
Creating a Performance Director Routine for 2 dancers
- Considerations when you have multiple dancers in your routine
- Preparing your movers for the 2 person dance
- Create routine groups in the PD routine notecard
- During the 2 person performance, anyone listening to the workshop is asked to stand on a mover. Alts will also be brought in so that all participants will have a second dancer on their movers. Thanks!
Helpful things to know if you’d like a bit of a head start.
- Have a basic familiarity with what a Performance Director Routine notecard looks like. (I’ve pasted one below. It has a lot of “stuff” but you can see it’s the same ‘stuff’ whether a simple routine or a bit ‘more’)
- Be comfortable with basic editing of your mover notecards – in this case we’ll be adding the @spot_dancer command and renaming them
For the sake of time, you’ll be provided with a “dance plan” and the choreography. The primary goal of this workshop is how you can put these pieces together and make the performance happen with the Performance Director.