Please check the calendar to see when this workshop is next scheduled or contact EvaHarley inworld if you are interested. Harleyquin Calendar
This workshop was created for anyone new or interested in becoming a choreographer and current choreographers interested in reinforcing their foundation in dance. The workshop will be presented in a comfortable discussion type format – interaction is encouraged!
During this workshop we’ll be introducing what we believe are the key aspects of dance and offer suggestions for building a strong foundation. Components of dance, what is choreography, starting tools, considerations, and bringing your vision to life will also be discussed.
One of the most difficult things about dance is getting started and enjoying the adventure! It is much too easy to let doubt or fear creep in, to feel overwhelmed, or lost. With a focus on foundation and following your passion to create, we’ll discuss ideas for making the most of this creative opportunity.
- Demonstration of solo choreography, purely using an animation HUD.
- Why do you want to dance?
- Types of performances
- Prepare for the pitfalls
- Components of Dance and Considerations
- Choosing Your Music, Your Vision, Choreography
- Choosing Animations
- A HUD Designed for Choreography
- Set Creation
- Movement and Mover Systems
- Tips for getting started and things to remember
Helpful things to know if you’d like a bit of a head start.
- Attend shows around the grid. Make a mental note of what you see, your impressions, your reactions.
- Consider why you want to dance
- Wherever you are in creating your own performances, review your strengths, weaknesses, and what you’d like to get out of this workshop.