Please check the calendar to see when this workshop is next scheduled or contact EvaHarley inworld if you are interested. Harleyquin Calendar
First of several workshops available on the Choreography Designer system.
The Spot On Choreography Designer system is a tool to move, rotate, lift, or lower avatars or objects from one point to the next – referred to as waypoints. Use your stage more effectively by moving your dancers, change the appearance of animations by turning your dancers in a different direction, use this system to move props or even an entire stage during your performance.
During this workshop we examine what each piece is – designer ring, HUD, mover, and waypoints, introduce travel time and sleep time, and review movements examples including smooth turns, speed, rotation, and more. Activities include using the designer ring, laying out waypoints, and creating a movement notecard.
** Knowing how to edit and move linked parts is an important skill for this workshop. Please be familiar with how to do this or contact EvaHarley in-world to assist.
** Requires the Spot On Choreography Design system to participate or as always everyone is welcome to come listen.
- None for this workshop
- If you will participating, select a build pad and sit on the stool
- Attach your workshop HUD and follow the instructions delivered via notecard upon sitting
- Rez on your build pad the unpacked box for Choreography Design System 2.0. You can obtain a new copy from the Spot On redelivery terminal.
- An introduction to the Choreography Designer System and what it can do for you
- What are the pieces in the box
- How the individual pieces work together
- Best practices
- number of movements
- naming your movers
- naming your movement notecards
- What is a route?
- Step by Step – introduction to the Designer Ring
- Step by Step – introduction to a Waypoint
- Step by Step – introduction to the mover
- Step by Step – introduction to the movement notecard
- Step by Step – introduction to the Choreography Designer HUD
- Waypoint options – travel time and sleep time, types of movement examples
- Activity – working with waypoints
- Activity – making them “move”
- Activity – getting your movement info and putting it into your mover
- Activity – “playing” your route with the HUD
- Activity – making adjustments and updating your mover notecard
Helpful things to know if you’d like a bit of a head start.
- Make sure to have an unpacked copy of the Choreography Design System 2.0
- Be comfortable with selecting and moving unlinked parts. Contact EvaHarley if you need assistance with this.
- Be familiar with the object tab in the edit window. We will be typing values, and copying/pasting values at times during this workshop.
At the end of the workshop, attendees will receive a link to the workshop notes. Please do not share this link with others, it is provided for your convenience.
The workshop notes will contain additional misc. facts and information such as maximum number of movement notecards in a mover, should you save your designer ring, etc.