One of the things I love about performance in SL is the opportunity for creativity, to stretch out of the comfort zone, and to try new things. I learn from everywhere and everyone – new to the dance world, or a long term member. I learn as much from what doesn’t work to what does. There are so many who are willing to share what they know and do it in their own way. I believe it is important to have many teachers, and take from it what works for you.
I enjoy teaching workshops and often learn just as much, having taught in SL for many years. First, as part of the Journey Academy for Performing Arts, later a Dancing Outside the Lines instructor, then my own private classes, and now as Harleyquin. Classes are held in voice and taught in a combined lecture/discussion and creation area as seen below.
Please click here to view the current workshop schedule, and contact EvaHarley in-world to register. Calendar
- Spot On Smooth Dancer – The Basics
- Spot On Smooth Dancer – Focus on Sequences
- Working with Linked Prims and Faces
- Working with Prims and Prim Properties
Do more than you ever thought!
- Spot on Stage Manager
- Multi-Scene Rezzer
- Spot on Costume Assistant
- Particles for Performance
- Making your own Special Effects HUD
- Scripting for Performance – Making things “listen” with a script
- Scripting for Performance – Changing color & texture
- Performance Director Basics
Bringing Dance Sequences & Choreography Designer Together
in the Performance Director
- Performance Director – Routines & Refresher
- Performance Director – Advanced, Making it Sing
- Choreography Designer – Introduction & the Basics
- Choreography Designer – Creating Routes and
Synchronizing with your Sequences – no slides!
- Choreography Designer Advanced Features and
Making it Sing
- Audacity Music Player & Editing Program – The Basics
an amazing tool for creating performances
- Audacity Music Player & Editing Program – Editing Your Own Music
- Performance Director Advanced – Multiple Routines & Starting your dancers Backstage
- Creating a Small Stage Performance
- Creating a Crowd Dance with the Barre HUD